Thursday, October 31, 2013

Disappointment

I am back home, a little disappointed that I was NOT able to witness the unfolding of this new chapter in Leo's life.  I drove down yesterday (Wednesday) to help Leo obtain his house insurance and facilitate the propane hookup at his new house and then we were planning to drive to Coleman and watch them hook together the two sections of his new home.  I was planning to be able to walk through this house and check out the interior but we were disappointed.  When we arrived around noon the ground around the foundation was all leveled out, the steel beams were in place in the foundation and there was a trailer there holding the equipment to get the house on the foundation but NO workers.  
We decided to go into town and have lunch and wait, hoping that they were just on their way.  After a lunch in town we drove back out and still nothing.  In hind sight, I should have gotten on the phone right then and found out what was going on but instead we were still hopeful and decided to go to Midland and look for a present for Leo to send to Garrick on his birthday tomorrow (he is turning 4 already)  When we arrived back STILL no workers.  THEN I started doing some calling but by then it was about 3:00 and we were doubtful of their 'work ethic'.  NO, they didn't get to our job yesterday AND they didn't even bother to call us and tell us they weren't going to make it.  
Maybe you can see where this is going but I KNOW I will be sending them a scathing email when this job is completed.  Communications are not part of their 'company plan'.  I am VERY disappointed that they didn't take advantage of the beautiful day and get this job done.  I decided to go along with my plan and spend the night at Leo's house even though the forecast was for rain all day today.  I wanted to be a bit hopeful.  It was raining this morning so I left about 11:00 after trying to reach the people at the company (only got voice mail and NO returned calls)  The forecast is for rain most days until about Monday so I will try again next week to go down and check out the interior.  
 NOW, I am done bitching.  The positive side is that the house looks great.  This is the front side of the house.  The two windows on the right are in the living room.  It is a gray with dark blue shutters.  We were able to look inside this part of the house and check it out.  The living room is bit.  We didn't climb into the house but were able to look in the windows of the bedroom on the left side.  It is pretty big too.
 The foundation is all ready with all the steel beams ready to receive the house.  The house is quite close to the ground which is good so he can put a deck on the back and it will be right on the ground.
 OK, I didn't have a lot to take pictures of but here are the ends,  There is a window in the end of the living room and a door there that goes into the part between the living room and the kitchen.
We couldn't look into the kitchen windows because they were too high so we didn't get to see into the kitchen.  I will have something to look forward to when I go there next week and do my walk through.
It was a beautiful fall day in Coleman yesterday the drive down was a wonderful fall day, full of bright tree colors and the full beauty of fall.  The yellows are bright and shining this year.  Just in time for Halloween.

SO,  Trick or Treat!! Yesterday we had a 'Trick'  Next week I am hoping for a Treat but I am not good at delayed gratification.

No comments:

Post a Comment