Monday, December 14, 2009

Miami

We landed in Miami yesterday morning (Sunday) and all of our luggage came with us. That is always a good sign. Our plane laned about 6 and we made it though customs and all that stuff at the airport quite quickly. We said good-by once more to the last of the people that flew with us to Miami and headed off for our hotel. We had an early checkin so we brushed our teeth and were in bed by about 9:30. We slept until about 2 and then decided it was time to get up. That was when we started calling family. It was good to talk to some of you and catch up on things going on in the family. We have really enjoyed this blogging thing. I haven't decided if I will continue or not but am thinking about it. It was kind of difficult to make postings on the ship because we had to pay a LOT for a connection so I didn't get very poetic or have time to look over my spelling very well. It was so great to get comments from many of you from time to time. I felt a little isolated away from family that long.

We decided that we needed to take a short walk so we walked along this road that the hotel is on, looking for a place to eat, The place we were looking for was closed so we walked back to the hotel and their shuttle bus took us to another place to eat. We then came back to the hotel and watched a little Suday evening TV. I was asleep by 9 and we are both well rested this morning.

We have come to a couple of conclusiions regarding long term traveling. I'm not too sure that we will do another trip that is this long. We won't do another ocean crossing either. We will need to spend some time talking to Sara and Leo regarding how to travel for longer periods and not get 'travel weary'.

Our plane leaves around 1 this afternoon. We have a layover in Detroit and will be home aboout 8 tonight. We have LOTS of dirty laundry and I am sure that will keep me busy for a few days. I am looking forward to doing some 'ordinary' things but will miss having my bed made and then turned down in the evening. I don't think that Bud is planning to put chocolates on my pillow every night. I also don't think that I will cook such great meals and serve Bud like they did on the ship. A little culture shock may be in order for the two of is.

We had a terrific time. I am excited to share other parts of our trip with many of you at Christmas. Others of you I think that I will put more on the blog when I settle in at home.

Love
Della

No comments:

Post a Comment