Saturday, December 5, 2009

words from home

Thank you, thank you for the news from home. I am getting over my temporary homesickness. I am also excited about Erik being home for Christmas and the fact that it sounds like Matt and Diana are getting slowly closer to having their own home. I hope they have some pictures at Christmas. I also hope that everyone is feeling better. I feel in touch with many of you again.

Today we are at sea again, on our way to Puerto Madryn to see penguins and right whales. It seems that they were named right whales because they were the 'right whales' to kill by the early whalers. Yesterday we spent the afternoon in Mar Del Plata Argentina. It was a nice little resort town with the largest seashell museum possible. Last night we did some star gazing after dinner. We were able to see the Southern Cross. The nights are getting shorter and so it was the best night for star gazing. We also saw a whale a couple of days ago at sea. We should be seeing more animal and bird life as we move south. I am anxious to see penguins tomorrow. That should be fun. We have been whale watching before but this is the first time for penguins outside of a zoo. The weather has turned cooler but kind of like June in Michigan. I am getting to wear my long pants and sweaters now.

Well, that is about all for now. We have a lecture coming up soon. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment