Tuesday, April 20, 2010

2 quilts are now finished

I was able to complete 2 quilts while riding down to Chicago on the bus. This is the companion to the other quilt that I posted a few weeks ago. It was an interesting pattern. When you made a square and cut it in half, you used half of the square for one quilt and half for the other one. I'm not too sure if I love either one of them. I don't think that I picked fabrics that were enough of a contrast to each other to really pick up on the pattern but it was an interesting experience. This is just a close up of the pattern and the back. This quilt doesn't have a home just yet. I am using the other one upstairs on the sofa. Maybe I will save this one and use it downstairs or give it away.
This is a quilt that I had in an exchange group. Sara "introduced" me to a group of ladies that wanted to have a "birthday quilt group exchange" which meant that you would make a quilt square each month and send it to a member of the group. It is called a 'birthday' exchange because you should receive 12 blocks on the month of your birthday. It was an interesting group of women of all ages and some of them were overseas. I enjoyed making the blocks and sending them out and checking to see what other people sent. I finally got this one quilted. This one doesn't have a home either but I am thinking of giving it to Sara. It is bright and colorful.



1 comment:

  1. If you ask me, that is a fantabulous idea!!! :) It's a gorgeous quilt and good woman juju, lots of creative hands.

    ReplyDelete