Monday, December 6, 2010

Lewis Christmas in Coleman

Yesterday I drove down to Clare and picked up Leo to take to the Lewis Christmas in Coleman. Bud stayed behind to do his wiring in his new garage so Leo kindly accepted my date request. Evan though Aunt Jean is in her 90s, she managed to be the hit of the dessert table with 2 of her famous chocolate pies. I had my piece and YES, I know I bragged to many of you already. It was as good as ever.
Greta, Kay and I had a great time catching up on gossip. We can be a bit dangerous as a trio. We did miss Eva and her good influence.

Aunt Jean is looking pretty good but look at that new hair cut on Leo. I had a good date.
The Lewis gang!!! Uncle Elmer was not able to attend but the rest of those still with us were in great form. I had a little trouble getting Aunt Ruth to smile but I finally called her 'Ken' which brought a little smile. Longevity is a BIG part of my family history so beware, some day I will be one of those 'old folks' some of you may be trying to chide into smiling. I will try not to be too grumpy.
Speaking of great form, I was fooling around before the 'cousins' picture. Leo wanted to bring the keg for the party but I decided maybe a little 'pole dancing' would be good as entertainment.
Here we have a little less than half of the cousins. Bill, Leo, Denny, Jerry, Jack, Greta, Jim, Della, Marilyn, Kay, and Corkie. A pretty good representation. I think I drove the farthest.
Afterwards I drove out to the cemetery and put a new wreath on the grave. I meant to take a picture of the farm but forgot to drive out that way. I also meant to take a picture of the new veterans memorial in Coleman but also forgot. I will get one another time. It will give me a reason to go back.
I was glad that I went down. It was good to see everyone, hear the laughter and stories. Generation after generation we spend time together and share the wisdom. I was thankful to be a part of it yesterday.
I was also thankful to make it home. The last 45 miles was pretty messy with LOTS of snow falling and blowing. The visibility was pretty low and I was thankful that I knew the roads well. We have more snow today so the picture outside my window is very white. Today will be a good day to do inside chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment