Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Menigerie of bowls and trees

Well, it is still snowing outside our window.  It has been snowing since Sunday.  We are having many days of 'lake effect snow' which means one minute it is snowing like mad outside the window and the next minute it is clearing up some.  We are accustomed to the weather but we don't like it (or at least I don't like it) that much.  It will be a LONG winter if this kind of weather continues but the forecast for this week is lake effect snow until tomorrow and then an "Alberta Clipper" will bring us REAL snow.  Doesn't that sound great???  It does make the tree outside the window look great but so does a light dusting. 
 And so we have the other tree that is safe inside the house.  Family will remember this as Mom's tree that she always put up at the house.  Penny made it and I was fortunate to get it when we divided up things.  I LOVE having it out on a table here in my house.  It brings back great memories.  I still store it in the same old box from the farm with old newspapers wrapped around it. 
Finally, my menagerie of bowls.  I have been busy making bowls to take to a craft fair.  A friend of mine is going to a craft fair downstate and offered to take some bowls down and put at her table.  I have been wrapping and sewing a lot for the last week.  I am done now and ready to start my next quilt.  I love doing these little bowls and it is fun to have a project that is finished quickly.  I can wrap the clothesline while watching TV and sew them up really fast.  It is fun to see how they turn out and then to try to decorate them in a unique way. 

1 comment:

  1. Exciting. Let us know how it goes. Those green and red bowls would make a great set. Fun fun.

    ReplyDelete