Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Leo L.

Yesterday we finally had a chance to see Leo.  The "Michigan family" arranged to meet in Big Rapids.  Eva, Jessica and Doug drove up from Grand Rapids, Leo drove over from Clare and Bud and I Drive down  from TC.  It was about and equal drive for all of us.  Bud looked up places to eat on the Internet and found this nice sounding place in downtown Big Rapids.  It was called the Blue Cow.  We all arrived about 5:00.  Originally Leo and I had talked about meeting in Clare but he said that he wanted to get out of town after spending 14 straight days of working.  About Wednesday Eva sent me a text about what we were doing to celebrate Leo's 55 birthday so I invited her to join us.  She talked to Jessica on Friday and invited Jess and Doug to 'crash the party".  They kept that as a secret so I was just expecting Eva.  It was a wonderful surprise for all of us.  We stayed for about 2 1/2 hours just relaxing, eating a wonderful meal and giving Leo both his Christmas and birthday gifts. 
 The food was terrific.  I think we should do it again.  It was a great location for everyone.
The "Party Crashers"
 Leo opened his Christmas presents from Eva , Jessica and Doug and from me.  Eva gave him some new slippers, Jess some candles and a new car trash container she made.  Bud and I gave him his new digital picture frame with about 200 pictures loaded in it. 
The " Michigan family"  did a good job of helping Leo celebrate his birthday.  It was fun to see everyone.  

1 comment: