Monday, January 3, 2011

working on projects

I pledged this year to get back on track and work in a more organized way on various projects.  When I first retired I was more likely to make lists and work on projects from a list. That worked pretty well because I was kind of busy getting ready for my trip and selling the farm.  I have not been very well organized lately and I seem to have a lot of little projects kind of half finished.  I know that a retired person can divide time between many projects but I feel a little need to have fewer projects 'out there'.  SO, yesterday I at least worked on a couple projects that were half completed.  I will work on a list today.

 I took a jewelry making class last winter with the idea of doing this project.  I had a garnet necklace that broke and needed restringing.  I also had a white pearl necklace that David brought back from China that I really didn't need in that particular form.  I decided to combine the two and this is the results of one afternoon of stringing garnets and pearls.  It is going to be a long necklace that I can wrap many times around my neck.  I like how it is turning out.  (Click on the picture and look at it close up.  It really looks good.)
I also started this lovely purple scarf last winter.  It sat beside the TV on a table all summer but I finished it this past week.   I really like how it turned out.   Knitting is fun but this took way too long.  It is a very soft fine wool that feels very soft around my neck though.  I will wear it a lot.  I do like it. 

I will finish the necklace to day and then go to list making.  I have some furniture to paint, my bedroom decorating to finish and match with the quilt I made, closet cleaning and many other little tasks.  I do enjoy making lists and completing projects so the list making will energize me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment