Thursday, January 6, 2011

Winter is back in N. Michigan

When you don't have anything to blog about in N. Michigan there is always the weather, ever changing, sometimes beautiful and also frustrating. 

Today the 'lake effect' snow has been falling all morning.  It is a fluffy snow but it is persistent.  The weather forecasters are calling this heavy lake effect snow.  You really can't the snow falling in this picture but it is coming down. 
I am planning to get out today though.  I haven't been our wandering around, running errands much lately and I need to do it today before I get 'Cabin Fever', another problem in snowy N. Michigan.  I am going to the post office to mail a package to my most loyal blog follower, Sara!!!!  So, Sara, look for a little surprise in the mail soon. 
I am also wanting to get some exercise today.  It is on my 'short list' of things to do today.  I want to start some kind of exercise program, hoping that my feet will tolerate some walking.  I used to walk every day for 2 miles and have not picked up that habit again.  I have been working on improving my feet so today will be a test of my commitment and my feet with the slippery snowy weather.  Warm clothing and a commitment is all you really need to get out and do some exercise.  I have the warm clothing so I hope the commitment 'kicks in' for the health of my body. 
Here's wishing you good health and maybe some commitment to something that improves your health.

REVISION:  I have been thinking about that previous statement where I named Sara as my most loyal blog follower and decided it needed some revision.  I don't want to alienate any of my followers.  I should restate that Sara is my most loyal blog commenter. 
WOW, I just got back from adventuring out with my car.  I am a little unsure about the walk now.  It is getting worse and is pretty slippery.  I will try it and see how that 'healthy living' thing works out in this snowy weather.  I wouldn't want to break a hip or something like that.

Another update:  I just finished my 20 minute walk.  No broken hip but I AM out of shape.  Well, one day toward better health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment