Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The LONG last day that turned into 2 days

 Our last evening in Paris was spent on a night time tour of the city on top of a bus.  It was quite chilly but we enjoyed every minute of that last evening.
 Pictures are hard to take of the city at night but I tried to capture some of the beauty.
 The rivers and bridges
 The lights along the river
 The majestic Eiffel Tower where we had our lunch on our first full day.  That seemed like a long time ago, lots of memories in that short week.
 Our last morning started very early so we could catch our taxi to the airport. 
 We waited outside our door.
 Up above our apartment that we spent our nights.  It was a great location and a wonderful apartment for us to use.
 We fooled around while waiting for our taxi.  The Beatles we are NOT but it was fun.
 Last photo shots were taken.
 And still we waited.  Finally we realized that the taxi would not be coming.  We decided it was time to find our own.  We walked down to a near by busy street and hailed 2 taxis.  It was a very quick farewell as Diana and Sara took off in one taxi and Eva, Jessica and I took off in the other one. 

We kept in contact through texting and knew that everyone had managed to find their planes and make it through on time.  It was nice to have 2 phones and be able to communicate with each other, reassuring knowledge of everyone's safety.

When Eva, Jessica and I made ti to Toronto we found out that our plane was cancelled to Grand Rapids and that was the only one going that night.  We had to spend that night in Toronto.  We were all quite disappointed but bounced back.  Some faster than others (check the previous text)  We arrived home in Grand Rapids after being rerouted through Chicago on Monday morning.  Doug came and picked us up.  We separated our various belongings and I took off north.  The drive was uneventful but I was tired when I got home.  Bud was out so I just brought in my bags and crashed for about 2 hours.  I am back on track this morning but glad that I don't have to go to work.  I will have a slow day of laundry and such. 

It was a wonderful experience and I am going to treasure those memories forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment