Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthday dinner

Monday night we met Eva and Jessica in Big Rapids for dinner.  Our favorite restaurant wasn't open so we settled for a little 'bar food'.  It was just nice to see them.  We invited Leo but he was just getting off a VERY difficult and busy week of work.  He worked 44 hours of overtime last week which means that he worked a total of 84 hours.  He had worked a 12 hour shift on Sunday night so he was just going to sleep and hope for 8 hour shifts this week.  I am going down tomorrow to see him and have dinner with him. 

 The bar food was good.
 Jessica bought and made me this TERRIFIC magnetic board filled with pictures from Paris.  It is really very cute.  I LOVE it. 
 Of course we are getting better at having the waiter take our picture.  The whole gang. 
Eva bought me a sharp new jacket.  I LOVE it too.  I was glad to see everyone.  We have discovered that Big Rapids is a great halfway point to meet.  I don't know what took us so long to think of meeting for dinner more often. After all these years of Eva living in G.R.  we finally figured this out. 

I loved having the chance to have dinner with them and share my birthday. 

2 comments:

  1. It IS great having a place in the middle to meet. So fun to share birthday dinner with you. :)

    love,Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a cute magnetic board :) and jacket :) :)

    Happy birthday beautiful. You're getting one package today from me that was a "throw it in the mail quick" with no card and a more mindful package WITH a card which will probably arrive on Saturday. Draw that celebration out... :) Love you very very very much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete