Thursday, August 4, 2011

Escaping downstate and my birthday lunch


Yesterday I decided to take a trip downstate for the day.  I started out early (9:00 is early for me) and drove down to the outlet mall at Birch Run.  I really thought it was closer to Midland than it is but I kept on going.  I decided I needed some new tops to wear and haven't found anything here that really excited me.  I did a quick trip around to some stores.  I found quite a few tops to buy, a pair of shorts and a pair of caprice.  I thought it was a pretty successful trip. 

On my way back I stopped in Midland.  Aunt Jean is in Tender Care there and I wanted to see her.  She is not doing so well, in some pain and a little weak.  I didn't stay too long, just long enough to let her know that I am thinking of her. 

Then I stopped by the farm to see if the crops were up.  I couldn't remember if we had wheat or beans planted this year.  Well, it was planted in wheat and the crop was already harvested.  I thought maybe you needed a picture to see.  I should have arranged to meet with a real estate agent so that we can put it on the market.  I need to do that once I find out some more information about land  and prices there.  We have only received a few calls on the land and none for quite a while.  It is time to get the professionals involved. 

 Finally I stopped in to see Leo.  I really went down to see Leo and Aunt Jean, the other things were just excuses to get me there.   Leo and I had dinner and caught up on each other's activities.  His biggest activity has been working lately.  He worked 8 days straight this past week and all the days were 12 hour shifts.  He has been pretty tired this past week.  It was good to see him.  Things will be a little slower for him this week but he is still  putting in quite a few hours. 
 Today, my birthday, I had lunch with some of the girls from Kingsley.  Molly (on the left) called and invited me to lunch.  Then some other girls decided they wanted a lunch out too so Amy, Jessica and Tonya (I forgot to take the picture before Tonya left so she isn't in the picture)  surprised me at the restaurant.  It was nice to catch up with them too.  I rarely see them except at school or some place where things are hurried.  They are all young mothers and it is fun to hear them talk about their troubles of being a mother and working and such.  I enjoyed the lunch a LOT.  I love staying connected to the younger generation. 
Here we have Molly and me in the parking lot.  She is a great friend. 
Tonight Bud and I are going out to dinner so lots of meals out this week.  Thank you for my birthday messages this week.  One more year older. 

1 comment:

  1. time with family AND friends :) Love that kind of birthday tribe vibe.

    ReplyDelete