Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Galleries and Gardens

Galleries first.  I have been looking in closets in our basement.  We have been redecorating our bedroom and I was going to put away the old art work.  WELL, I found other discarded pieces and decided it was time to get rid of all of them.  Some Goodwill shopper is looking for something to decorate their walls and I am just the one to give them something. 

 This is a pretty eclectic selection.  Some of the pieces have seen better days.  The "Dick, Jane and Sally" posters were from a 'Big Book' that I found at school and had framed for my walls.  I still have more of them in a box.  They were cute for school and that is about it.  I also have some Georgia O'Keeffe posters that were hanging in our house many years ago.  It is time for them to find a new home.
 Here we have the flowers selection and the nice abstract piece that was hanging above our bed.  We have changed the style and they need to go. 
This is the selection of just SOME of the boat pictures that we have.  I am waiting for Bud to help me choose the ones that he wants to keep.  We have even more of them but I decided it was enough of the gallery. 
Our garden has been planted in the area beside the driveway.  They put in about 35 hostas this morning.  We wanted something that would look good and fill in but not be too high.  They did a great job with the planting.  I am now going to have to keep them watered.  I had some hostas planted before and they didn't grow well, I think that I just didn't water them.  I will be much more vigilant with these plants.  The paving blocks made a nice look for the side of the driveway.  We will have the dirt in front hauled away and plant something at the bottom of the wall when everything is done.  We have some flat space up beside the garage that will need something but right now we are focusing on getting everything painted and then working on the space beside the door, out our kitchen window.  Kevin is going to build a little deck/walkway around that part of the house.  Then some landscaping may need to be added to finish that off.  I am not much of a gardener so this is really stretching my limits.  Eva would be having a blast.  I have consulted her a few times and she definitely said that the hostas were the way to go.  I hope she approves. 

I would rather worry about the galleries but am getting to know a little about gardening.  Expanding my horizons.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant choice. Hostas are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARYYYYYYYYYYY. Wish Jess and I could sing you that Aunt Della and Uncle Bud anniversary song we made up in about 1987 or so.....Jess, do you remember any of it? "They don't fiiiiiiight, they just discu-us things...." is the only line I remember :) Ha! Wish we had video of THAT!
    Anyway, you are a wonderful couple and your love for each other ripples out around you. Love you both very much!!

    ReplyDelete