Monday, August 1, 2011

Busy and full weekend

Saturday was a busy day for us here.  We had two important commitments for that afternoon so we had to 'juggle' our time.  We started out by going to Jack's Open House.  It was a great day at the beach.  We went early and then took off to a wedding.   We left the wedding reception early and then came back to the Open House.  Dividing our time was a great way to see everyone.

 Jack and Charlotte are ready for the crowd.
 Bud and Sue look great. 
 Brittany and Charlotte look fantastic, as usual.
 The Aunt and Uncle with the proud graduate.  He will join Brittany and David at the University of Michigan this fall.
 Jack is the third one to go off to college.  The house will be quiet this fall with only Charlotte to keep them busy. 
 The 'Valet" parking crew.  The driveway only holds a few cars so David and his friends parked cars for the visitors. 
 Then we took off to Kingsley to a wedding.  The bride and groom are/were Kingsley teachers.  Josh was one of my students LONG ago in third grade.  Then he came on staff as a third grade teacher and we worked together several years.  Last year he took a job as a principal in a different school district. 
 The bride is a local Kingsley girl and a 4th grade teacher.  I think they are a great match.
 Groom and former teacher.  It was a HOT day under the tent.
FINALLY,  I did get on Bud's bike for a ride on Sunday.  We went with some friends up to Leland for brunch.  It was a hot day and it was good that we were on the road early.  It was a fun ride.  I am not going to get my own bike but I will ride now and then with Bud.  Many of you were encouraging me to ride with him so I did.  It still feels a little 'dangerous' but I will go now and then.  However, I'm not going to be his regular "bitch'  (That is what they call the woman on the back)

I hope you enjoyed your weekend and the hot weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment