Friday, September 2, 2011

mystery solved

YES, YES, it is me.  I really did get all that hair cut off.  I have been thinking about it for a few months and decided that maybe this would be the 'new look' that I needed.  I talked to Mary, my stylist, and we decided that it would look good short. I told her that I wanted it kind of close to my head, not the round headed look of an old lady that just got her permanent (like MOM)  I was really open to anything when I went in but had decided that shorter would be a good way to go.  I told her that I would like something about 'chin length' and showed her the length on my face.  She got VERY excited and started to plan.  She is a wonderful stylist and a very creative woman.  I love to watch her cut my hair because she works kind of like a sculptor, cutting a little here and a little there after she gets the shape she is looking for.  I didn't expect it to be quite this short but I like it. It is still easy to work with, just wash and let dry.  My hair grows quite fast so it will be interesting to see how it grows out.  I like how she left the back at the neck with a little length that flips up a little.  It feels very funny to me because I don't have hair on my neck any more.  This is the shortest that it has been since the mid 70s when I had it even shorter. 

I hope you like it too.  Thanks, Jess, for noticing on the blog and leaving a comment. 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! I love it and you look adorable. Mike says that somebody as beautiful as you did not need a new look. I agree but it is fun to play!! You are always full of suprises!!

    ReplyDelete