Thursday, September 29, 2011

Quilt shop"Hopping"

My friend Kathy is back in TC after taking a long vacation in the RV. She retired from nursing and took the summer off to travel before going back part time this month.  It is good to have her back in town. 
Yesterday we decided to take in a few quilt shops south of here.  We drove to Cadillac and found a cute shop downtown.  I also found a 'voice from the past'.  I was asking about the restrooms and a lady answered in a voice that I hadn't heard in several years.  It was Cathy, Eva's former sister-in-law and Jessica and Matt's aunt.  We had a nice little chat.  It is funny who you run into when out and about.
 We checked out another shop in that area, had lunch and then headed south a bit more.  We went to the shop where I often stop in Farwell and then on to the Amish shop in Clare.  I didn't buy much fabric, just a couple of pieces for a baby quilt that I am making for someone soon.  I tried not to add to my 'stach' too much.  I love the quaint little Amish shop.  It is fun to talk with the owner and see their modest selection. 
Finally, we stopped in to see Leo for a short visit.  Of course, he was THRILLED to see me.  I did call earlier this week and warn him that I would be stopping in for a visit.  He is doing well.  He said that he had 2 WHOLE DAYS off this past weekend.  The first time that he has had 2 days off in a row for quite a while.  He said that he had 48 hours of overtime on his last paycheck.  That is a lot of working. 

SO, it was a fun day with a surprise, lots of fabric, and a visit with my brother.  What more can a retired lady ask???? 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I figured you would run into each other at some quilt related place eventually!! -j

    ReplyDelete