Monday, September 19, 2011

Rainy Monday

This weekend was BEAUTIFUL here in TC.  It is fall though and the air was crips.  The leaves are just starting to turn. 

 Saturday we drove up to Suttons Bay for lunch with Megan, Patty and Sonja.  Megan turned 22 this past weekn anad was home from college for the weekend.  We used that as an opportunity to see everyone and catch up. 
 Then I went out to my local and favorite quilt shop.  They were having a 'Tent Sale' and many things were 20-30% off.  I was looking for backing for the scrap quilts that I have made the last few months.  As you can see I found quite a few things to buy.  YES, I know that I have been doing scrap quilts to get rid of my 'stash' but I did manage to replenish some of that stock on Saturday.  Bud asked me, when I returned, if I found anythign that I liked.  WELL, I told him that I can always find something that I like in a quilt store. 
 Bud worked on the deck.  He used a power washer to clean it up.  The wood that we have on the deck off our living room is a special very dense wood.  It looks beautiful when it is wet and clean,  almost like mahogany,  but it turns darker over time.  We tried to put a clear finish on it several years ago so it would keep that nice clean look but the finish wouldn't absorb into the wood.  Now he is cleaning it up and planning to put tounge oil on it.  An artist that uses this kind of wood told him that would help it keep the beautiful color.  I hope it works.  It needed power washed anyway. 
Things have cooled off a little in TN so the girls were able to have a campfire outside.  I know that many of you may have received this picture from Diana but I thought maybe others of you might like to see how much these girls are growing and getting more beautiful each day. 

I hope you had a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment