Friday, September 16, 2011

Still have the 'touch'

I taught twice this past week.  It was nice and I enjoyed both days of teaching a couple of lessons.  I can still do it.  I am thankful that the third grade team still allows me to practice my craft.  I enjoy the time with the students and the staff.  I am going to be a regular this year, going in every Tuesday and Thursday for the afternoon.  It is a good way to feel useful and have fun with students.  I am also glad to see the people on the staff.  I always go in so that I can spend part of lunch time with them and catch up.  I knew that when I retired I didn't want to be a substitute teacher, that is too much like work and requires you to be there too early for me.  I also knew that I still wanted to have contact with students and with adults that aren't just my age.  This is a great way for me to accomplish both of those goals.  I am a happy retiree.

1 comment:

  1. :) nice that the opportunity is there for both the school and for you.

    ReplyDelete