Thursday, September 22, 2011

Paris

I have been reading a LOT of novels about Paris this summer and fall.  Sometimes it is a coincidence and sometimes I pick up the book because the story takes place in Paris.  But anyway, I have been reading and thinking about that wonderful city a lot lately. 
The other night I was lying in bed waiting for sleep after just finishing a chapter of my latest book, The Invisible Bridge which takes place in Paris just before WWII.  I was thinking of the streets and the experiences of the characters.  My mind drifted off to my very special Paris trip this past spring. 

I have taken many terrific trips with my wonderful husband.  We have visited some exotic places and some of the great cities of Europe.  However, this trip with  the women in my life was so extra special for me too.  As I look back over the trip and relive some special moments, I am SO VERY THANKFUL for that time together.  It was such a wonderful experience for me not just because I was able to share the time with everyone but my traveling companions made it especially wonderful.  The experience of the city was also made special because of the way we kind of immersed ourselves in the city.  It really helps to have along with you companions that can navigate the city ( I am terrible at finding my way around anywhere let alone a large city)  It was also nice to have a couple of companions that spoke a little french.  Those two 'treats' added to the experience for me too.  I was able to just relax and enjoy the experience, the women, the wine, the food and the love all around us. 

SO,  I know that I facilitated the experience but my companions added so much to my enjoyment.  You lovely women of my life, THANK YOU,  I will always treasure that memory.

1 comment:

  1. Moi aussi, me toooooo. Love you and thank you all for the memory~

    ReplyDelete