Friday, October 28, 2011

Addiction

My name is Della and I am addicted to fabric.  I just can't help myself, It seems to show up in my sewing room and I can't remember what I did for those 2 hours yesterday afternoon.  I thought I had it under control this summer when I tried to use up some of the fabric in my 'stash' but it came ROARING back with a new project in my quilt group.I started out with a good plan in mind, I would continue to use my stash of batiks to make the new "Block of the Month" quilt.  For those of you who are not quilters, this is a pattern that recuites willing and weak quilters like me to make a new block each month and then put them together to make a quilt.  I had quite a few batiks (a kind of dyed fabric) in my stash so I thought I could make a new and different colored block each month.  I started out with kind of a rosy red color.  It looked great.  I liked it a lot but that was last Friday afternoon.  I realized that I 'HOOKED' again when I started looking at the next block.  I started thinking and planning for my next color and began to think that I probably wouldn't have enough fabric to carry through on this plan.  SO I rushed out to the fabric store before it closed for the weekend.  I didn't want to face Sunday without fabric for the next block even though I only needed ONE block completed before the group meeting on Tuesday. 

 I started buying and buying.  They had so many beautiful choices.  NOW a few of these pieces of fabric did come from my stash but I did buy quite a bit.  I LOVE the selection though.  I came home on my new "high"  floating through my sewing room and checking out my new colors.
 Here is the block that started it all.  I had these fabrics and I liked how it turned out.  The theme of this quilt is Sunbursts.  You can see a bit of a star in this shape. 
 I only had a few colors for my green block.  It sure looks great.
 This purple block doesn't look as much like a star but maybe it is the fabrics.  I still like it a lot though. 
 This is my blue block.  I like this star shape. 
This is another one that doesn't look a lot like a star but I still like it. 

As you can see, I am not a patient person, I couldn't wait for the next month to start my next block. Tuesday at the quilt group meeting a few others had gone on to the next block but I think that I had the most blocks done.  I do have another quilt that I started with a class so I think I should work on that since I am ahead on my blocks.  I do LOVE batik fabrics a lot and am looking forward to getting back to this one soon though. 

Thank you for listening to my confession.  I'm not seeking a cure though.  If you find my passed out in a pile of fabrics, homeless on the street, I will at least have nice quilts to keep me warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment