Thursday, October 13, 2011

Our trip to Chicago

Bud had a conference in Chicago this week and now that I am retired I can go along just for the fun of it..... so I did. 
 We left here on Sunday morning so that we could stop and have lunch with Jessica and Doug. Doug has a new truck.  It is a Chevy not a Ford and he is still kind of missing the old one.  Jessica said that he really LOVED that old truck but the breaks were gone and it would cost more than it was worth to get new ones.  A friend found this truck for him so now he is adjusting to the new ride. 
 We arrived in Chicago that evening and settled in for the next few days.  Bud would get up early and leave for his conference but the sweet and wonderful husband that I married would also bring me back a breakfast treat and coffee (no coffee pot in the room??? What's with that in a fancy Chicago hotel???)  I would read the paper, sip my coffee and eat my treat while watching the morning shows, waiting for the shops to open.  Our hotel, the Palmer House, was located south of the river so it was a little bit of a walk up to the shops. 
 I did do a fair amount of walking and looking. Monday was Columbus Day so there were a lot of sales.  I managed to find some gifts and a couple of things for myself. 
In the evening we would find some nice place to eat and then relax together.  It was a quiet visit but the weather was terrific and the drive down was beautiful.  The fall colors are at their peak here in Michigan.  When we arrived back the driveway was covered with leaves and the trees are beginning to shed their leaves. 
It was nice to be able to go with Bud to Chicago.  I do enjoy the city and I sure did a LOT of walking.  Great times in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment