Monday, October 3, 2011

Good Monday Afternoon

I was busy this weekend making my newest quilt.  A friend's son is expecting a baby and I found out the colors so I am making a baby quilt and a teddy bear.  It is kind of hard to tell from the picture but they are decorating from Pottery Barn with the green and pink colors.  Yes, they are having a girl.  I ordered a crib sheet so that I could get the green color correct.  I think it turned out pretty nice. 
 It is a fairly easy pattern with a lot of cutting and sewing.  I used the last of much of my dotted material that I bought a couple of years ago.  I think this is the third quilt that I made from the dotted fabric.  This time I added the striped fabric for a little change of pace.  I'm not too sure how I feel about the stripes in the all dotted quilt but they are there anyway.  I am going out to the store to buy the backing as soon as I finish this post.  The back will be a bright pink color, like the small squares.  I still need to put a border on it too.  I have some of the green left but I am debating about how to "frame" the quilt before the border.  Usually I put a thin frame around my quilts and then the border.  The thin frame kind of acts like a small matting of a picture.  I have been thinking of using a pink 'ric-rack' to set it off.  I will check at the fabric store and get their advice.  
Bud did a lot of 'boat chores' this weekend.  The little boat is out of the water and stored in our carport.  The big boat is ready for someone to pull it out of the water and put it in winter storage.  Fall is here and we are making ourselves ready for winter. 

Bud also went on a motorcycle ride on Sunday.  Maybe the last one for the season.  He and a friend took a long ride kind of south and west of here.  He said it was a great day for a ride but a little chilly. 

Well, that is about it for us up here.  The air is crisp, the trees are turning and we are enjoying the fall weather.  I hope you had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, crisp air means crisp apples. I just bought my first HONEYCRISPS the other day. YUM! Leaves are not turning here yet but fall is in the air. So beautiful....enjoy the season and its colors~

    ReplyDelete