Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting in shape

Well, I am trying to get back in some kind of shape.  This is a great season to get outside and establish a habit of walking again.  I took my walk today and enjoyed the smell of the leaves as they lay on the ground.  There was a bit of rain in the air but not enough to keep me inside.  It is a typical fall day in N. Michigan, now the sun is shining and the blue sky is dotted with wonderful clouds, some gray with a hint of another bit of rain and some white and fluffy.  The wind has been blowing the last couple of days so the leaves are falling rapidly.  Our view of the bay is opening up and the dark blue water has the look of the promise of cold weather that is coming all too soon.  The beauty of the moment, sitting here at my computer in the corner of my living room and the walk earlier, remind us of the ever changing season, each one with their own 'footprint'.

No comments:

Post a Comment