Saturday, October 15, 2011

Read the fine print

Don't your love my new PURSE?????
This is kind of a long story but please bear with me.  I want to tell it all.  Bud and I have L.L. Bean Credit cards.  Instead of accumulating 'air miles' we get "Bean Bucks" that you can use to buy items from L.L. Bean.  You all know that I used my credit card a LOT this past summer with a couple of trips  and Bud used his to buy things for the new garage.  SO, we had racked up quite a few Bean Bucks.  I often have trouble finding things in the catalog that I really want (Maybe we should switch to air miles instead)  Before the Paris trip I used them to buy a nice and expensive trench coat but I still had over $200 of bucks to use this fall.  Well, I was looking through the catalog and found this nice 'Hobo Bag' purse.  I thought it looked nice in the picture and have been wanting to try that kind of bag that would be a little bigger than the one that I carry now and I really hate to shop for purses because they cost so stinking much.  SO, I thought, what the heck I have all these bucks, I can spend them on this purse that goes for $225 and see if I like this style of bag.  I didn't read the description in great detail and the purse was just a picture, without a person modeling it so I bought it and spent all my 'bucks'.  It arrived while we were in Chicago and when I got home and saw this huge box on the front step I should have known that it would be more than I had expected.  I unwrapped it and, YES, it is huge.  Finally, I went back to the catalog and read the description.  It is described as 18" long  and 13" tall.  As you can see it would work as a weekend bag for traveling.  It is a very nice leather bag and I will keep it but I think it will be a carry-on bag for me when I travel instead of a bag to carry when going grocery shopping and such. 
Live and Learn and of course, read the description before you buy, even if it is 'free'.

No comments:

Post a Comment