Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My 'Handyman' helped me with my craft room

OK,OK, This does look a bit corney.  Bud was looking around in his closet and found several pairs of suspenders.  I really don't know why he has 3 pairs of suspenders but they sure do look strange.  I put this picture up, hoping to shame him into throwing them away.  If anyone needs a pair of red suspenders, please let me know.  I would be GLAD to send a pair to you.  First come, first serve though so get your order in soon.  You too can look this cool while helping someone with their construction chorese or for what ever activity you wish.  Maybe someone will even find them sexy, but not me. 

 In my previous post I said that I needed to get to organizing my craft room.  I had all the materials, I just needed to paint and get help putting some things up.  I painted the supports last week with some flat black paint and yesterday Bud offered to help me put the shelves up.  I even had the shelves from Bud's mother's place so nothing to buy here.  I agonized a bit over the arrangement of the shelves but decided to put them one above the other right behind my sewing desk.  As you can see, "I" didn't actually put them up.  It is a good to have a man with suspenders around to help.  (He told me later that he had the suspenders on under the shirt but that he needs them to hold up that pair of pants.  The belt doesn't do the job.)
 Two shelves are now installed.  They look pretty good.
I put a few things on the shelves and they look better.  I think it looks a little cluttered but I will work on it after I get other things up. 

Today I went back to the sewing room to work on the hard stuff, cleaning and sorting and arranging my VAST supply of fabric.  I don't know how it grows in that room.  I really tried this past year to make a couple of projects from things in my 'stash' and I thought I had decreased my unused fabric supply by quite a bit but NOT SO.  Of course I remember that as soon as I decreased my stash, I went out and picked up a few more choice pieces.  I am available to make things for family and friends as long as you come over and check out my stash.  It is an addiction and I don't know how to curb it.  Do you think there is a 12 step program for quilters?

I still have a lot more work to do in that room but I need to go out and buy some storage tubs for somethings so I will continue to work and update you on my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment