Friday, February 17, 2012

Projects completed

I have a couple of new quilts that I just completed. 
 This one is VERY colorful.  I made it last summer when I was trying to use up my scraps.  I did manage to whittle down my stash a bit but like all good quilters, it is growing again.  I didn't realize I had so many bright colors until I started on this quilt.  The pieces of fabric were bought for many different projects and really didn't go together but that was the point of this quilt, nothing really matches.  I didn't worry about what goes good next to another piece when putting this together.  That was rather freeing.  It turned out fairly nice.  I think I would try the concept again in the future. 
I am giving this quilt to Molly at school.  She saw it on line and I took it to show her yesterday.  She likes the look.  I want to take it to my quilt group and show them and then will give it to Molly. Some of the fabrics also came from projects I made for her children.
 The quilting on this is especially beautiful.  I don't think you can see it in the picture but my quilter used red thread and made beautiful designs in the blocks. 
This quilt is the total opposite.  I made this with fabrics I had leftover too.  I bought many dotted fabrics a couple of years ago.  I really bought too much as usual.  I think this is the 4th quilt I have made from the dotted fabric.  I still have one more to take to my quilter then all the pastel dots will be gone. 
I made this for the family that bought the farmhouse in Coleman. They had a baby in November (a couple of days before Eva's birthday) and I have been working on this to send to them.  From our family to theirs.  I hope they have many happy years in that old farmhouse. 

Speaking about the farm in Coleman, I still have dreams about that house.  Just this last week I had a dream in which they were having a Garage Sale and I stopped by.  They gave me a tour of the house and their changes and while I was touring most of my relatives showed up and were touring the house too, kind of like the Open House we had at the farm when we put it on the market.  This was one of the first dreams that I have had that I didn't sneak into the house while the owners were gone.  I've had dreams where our whole family shows up and has a big Thanksgiving type dinner, staying in the house for the weekend and then sneaking out before they come home, making sure they don't know we were there.  I know that sounds very strange but at least I am progressing, now my dreams at least include an invitation to go in the house.  Maybe some day I will get that chance. 

More quilting projects await me in my sewing room.  I hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment