Monday, February 27, 2012

Memory and Movies

Saturday I arrived at the grocery store without my list (not a totally uncommon problem) and I was frustrated because I really didn't want to go back home and get it but I didn't want to come back again because I forgot something.  SO I decided to try and remember the list of items since it really wasn't that long and I just made the list before coming to the store.  I proceeded to do my shopping and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived home, found the list and discovered that I HAD remembered everything on the list.  I guess that my mind hasn't gone to "pot" too much since retirement.  It must be all that problem solving I do while making my quilts that keeps my mind sharp.

Sunday evening I decided that I wasn't going to watch the Oscar Awards since I really wasn't impressed with the movies this past year.  We rented Money Ball on Saturday and that was the final movie on the list of 10 that we hadn't seen yet.  It is a rare year that we have watched all the movies before the awards especially since they expanded the list to 10 movies.  We really didn't have a favorite and thought the list was kind of 'lack luster' without any 'stars'.  However, I did get sucked in to watching the last about 45 minutes of the show and once again I was disappointed.  The best picture category winner was about my least favorite movie on the list with only The Tree of Life below it.  I thought the Help was a much better movie as was Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close if you were looking for a 'message' movie.  I rarely agree with The Academy  anyway.

On another note: I SURE WILL BE GLAD WHEN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PRIMARIES ARE OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment