Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yes to laundry, No to toilets

Many of you know I have a great husband.  He does help around the house and always runs the vacuum cleaner.  Lately he has decided he likes to do the laundry.  It started when I would be gone on laundry weekend and he would start with the towels and the whites (all the whites are his anyway)  Now it has evolved into doing the rest of the laundry.  Now many of you would think, why in the world would she complain??  I'm not really complaining although I do have my own 'quirks' about my own laundry and how it is washed.  I never dry my underwear in the dryer, like to take some things out before they are dry (jeans), and I like to 'drape' my t-shirts out to finish drying not let them stay bunched up in the laundry basket after they come out of the dryer.  I also don't mind doing laundry.  It is a fairly easy and mindless household task.

We had a great laugh this past weekend as he started on the laundry again.  I tried to 'bargain' with him.  I told him I would continue to do the laundry but maybe he could clean the bathrooms, toilets and other more undesirable chores instead of doing the laundry, a chore that I really don't mind doing.  Of course, he declined to exchange laundry for toilets.  Anybody want to move in and do that chore for me???

3 comments:

  1. Nope. I would take laundry over toilets any day.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with my bro....laundry over toilets any day!
    - Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all relative...ones own toilet is better than cleaning someone else's! But yes, handling warm clean clothes is more pleasant than...I'll spare you my creative adjectives about the bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete