Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dream, dream, dreaming.

Is anyone good at interpreting dreams?  Lately I have been having a lot of dreams about the farm.  It might have started when I was talking to Glen and Leo about sorting through some boxes I have stored in my basement.  Glen and Penny are coming into Michigan in June.  They are stopping here to go  on a motorcycle ride with Leo and Bud.  I suggested that we might use some of that time together to sort through those boxes of  'personal items' that I have stored in my basement closet.  We left these items to sort through later because we needed more time to decided what to do with them and Glen wasn't here to help those last days.    Anyway, I had this dream the other night about sitting on the front porch talking about the things that we gave away to family and some of the things we threw away.  However, Mom was in the kitchen looking for some things.  I remember this one statement that I said  about cleaning out the house, having the funeral but Mom was back, looking for things that she needed and adding more things to the house that we would need to clean out again.  Strange dream isn't it????  Eva might say that I have some 'unresolved issues' with the things that I threw away or parted with.  
 I found these pictures of that last cleaning weekend.  Yes, that is the pile of things that we had to finally dispose of in some way.  I don't know if we threw them out or what but nobody wanted them.
 Eva bought these shirts for her kids.  Don't they look cute.
 We all said goodbye on the back porch.  Notice that there is an old stump next to the house.  Eva took that stump home and it is in her garden.
 Matt loaded up his truck as much as possible.  I think he was suppose to bring a trailer and take the tractor home that weekend but the old Suburban didn't want to make the trip up north.
Doug DID fill up his trailer and truck for the trip to Grand Rapids.  All this picture needs is someone sitting in a rocking chair in the bed of the pickup to complete the look.

Well, a little walk through memory lane for the family.  Maybe my dreams will be sent your way and you can have a good dream about some time you had fun on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment