Friday, March 23, 2012

projects finished

My sewing room has been busy these past few weeks.  I love my time there.  It is so relaxing.  I just finished a couple of projects for gifts.  After we get back from our trip, I will go back to a project for myself.
 I made these curtains for the nursery of little Sophia.  You can see the smaller teddy bear that I made for her when she was born.  I also made a quilt for her.  I volunteered to make curtains for the nursery.  It was a new and learning experience.  I hadn't ever made lined curtains but the owner of my favorite fabric store gave me some pointers and they turned out very nice.  They cast a pink hew over the room.  Mommy and Sophia were happy.
 I also just finished another gift.  I bought this "Poky Little Puppy" fabric a couple of years ago and really didn't have a project in mind.  However the daughter of one of my friends had a baby recently and I decided this would make a nice quilt.  I also had this daughter as a  first grade student so that is a nice little 'touch'.  She learned to read while I was her teacher and now I am giving her a story quilt.  The bear is also out of the companion fabric from the Little Golden Book Company.  It turns out there is a whole set of fabrics that go with the book.  I got a little crazy and ordered some more of the fabric.  I like how everything turned out.
 This is the front side of the quilt with the pictures from the book.
This is the back side of the quilt with some of the companion fabrics.  I think it looks great.  I will post a picture of the baby and mommy when I deliver it.  They have been waiting for a long time to have this baby so they feel very blessed.  I am looking forward to seeing the baby and mommy and grandmother.  I will make arrangements for the delivery after we return.

Yes, we will be on the road the next week.  We leave on Saturday and drive to N. Carolina to see Bud's brother and his family.  We will stay a few days and then take off for Tennessee. We have a couple of days in between our visits so we will explore the Nashville area on Thursday and part of Friday before meeting up with Matt and Diana and the girls when they get out of school on Friday.  We will stay there until some time Sunday afternoon and then head north, spend the night on the road somewhere and be home on Monday.  It is a little 'get away' after a long winter.  We have been taking this trip for many years, back when Sara and Leo lived in D.C. and Matt and Diana lived in KY going to school.  It is a great tradition and a wonderful time to see family.

I will take a computer and post on the road so see you on the Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment