Friday, March 2, 2012

TIMBER

Yes, the Christmas tree came down.  Bud did it this morning before leaving for work.  We are having a bit of a thaw in the weather and a big storm is coming our way tonight so this was his 'window of opportunity'.  I'm not sure if this is the latest that it has been up but I'm sure it is close.  That may seem strange since it has been such a mild winter here but it seems that the weekends were either snowy or cold so he kept putting off going out and working on it.

NOW on a more sobering note, I boasted too early about my memory in my last post. You know the old saying "Pride goes before the Fall" well my memory didn't serve me very well yesterday.  I was trying to get ready to go out to Kingsley on my regular volunteer visit and I couldn't find my car keys.  I looked in all the usual places but finally gave up and used my spare key. When I arrived back home I resumed my search, blaming Bud for probably hiding them or maybe even taking them to work by mistake.  I knew that they had to be somewhere in the house because I drove myself home on Wednesday night and unlocked the door with those keys.  As a last resort, I decided to try the garbage and there they were in the bottom of the garbage pail.  The lucky thing for me was that Bud hadn't emptied that garbage bag because yesterday WAS garbage day.  So the lesson is, don't boast.  My father always told me that but I am a reluctant learner.  

Speaking of Dad, his youngest brother Vernell, was hospitalized this past weekend.  He is back home as of Wednesday.  He has some blocked arteries in his heart but has decided that open heart surgery is not what he wants at this stage in his life.  Aunt Glenna has also been in Tender Care in Midland receiving physical therapy to become stronger.  Those of you that know them, please keep them in your thoughts, both Vernell and Glenna and their children.  They were both Youth Leaders in the church and dedicated many hours to helping the youth in the community.  Later they worked very hard to help build the Senior Citizen Center in Coleman.

Enjoy the weekend, we are 'hunkering down' for the blizzard starting tonight.  I think that Glen sent it our way.  I talked to him on Sunday and they were getting one there.  Thanks Glen.

No comments:

Post a Comment