Thursday, March 8, 2012

Michigan weather, you gotta love it

Yesterday it was 59 degrees on my car thermometer.  The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day.  It was hard to believe that just the weekend before we had a blizzard.  The snow was melting and we were hoping for spring.  WELL, it is snowing again outside my window.  After it rained last night and melted most of the snow, we are getting a few more flurries today and the forecast is for maybe a couple of inches.  Michigan !!!!!!

Today the Kingsley Third graders are traveling to Grand Rapids to attend the Shrine Circus.  I DON'T miss that field trip.  It is a long and exhausting day, being in charge of all those students and parents.  I still love going down to help Molly and the other third grade teachers.  I often am asked to teach for an hour or two so that the teachers can work on individual testing.  I enjoy those moments of being back in front of the classroom.  It is an easy thing for me to do and I am thankful for the opportunity.  However, just like grandparents, I can leave at 3:30 and not worry about ALL the added responsibilities of being a teacher.  I think I have found the correct blend of my need to work with children but having my freedom.  A volunteer/consultant is a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment