Friday, March 16, 2012

Out with the old and in with the new

Spring is trying to come to N. Michigan and Eva is coming for a visit next week so I decided today was the day to put away the snowmen and do a little cleaning before she arrives.  

 The snowmen are packed away now.
 I am a little ADD so I decided to show you my latest project in the middle of this post.  I made this small quilt out of scraps this past winter.  I got tired of making those little strips so I added a big black middle.  You can't see the quilting but my quilter did a terrific job of putting a feather design in the middle of the black part.  It really classed it up.  I don't have a home for this one yet.  It is a small twin size or a good size to use to snuggle up on the sofa in the winter.  It is about 55"x75". I used all scraps for this piece.  I was attempting to use up my unwanted fabric or small pieces of fabric leftover from previous projects.
 I also REALLY wanted to use up the scraps so this is the reverse side of the quilt.  I have been putting leftover fabric on the backs of quilts more and more lately.  It is a good way to use up fabric.  This one is totally reversible unlike some quilts that I just put a 'splash' of leftover fabric on the back.
 Well, back to the cleaning.  I had to get the bunnies and Easter things out before the holiday comes and goes.  Sometimes that happens to me because I really am not the type of person that enjoys redecorating on a regular basis.
Part of the reason I don't like to redecorate has to do with my limited storage space.  I have this one very little storage space down under the steps.  You must bend over to get in and I usually hit my head when I am backing out with a tub.  You must go in forward and then back out with a tub in your arms because you can't turn around in there.  It is too small of a space and it is full of LOTS of stuff.

Well, back to my cleaning and spiffing up the house before Eva comes to visit.  I hope you have something more exciting on your agenda on this nice spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment