Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tornado warning

Coleman was in the news yesterday.  I was watching something on TV last night and in between shows they mentioned that they would cover the tornado in Coleman on the 11:00 news.  I had to listen to that story.  When the story came on they said that the tornado touched down on the corner of Weinert and Lewis Roads.  NOW, even though I have been away for many years I still knew right where that was.  Weirnert Road is the road that Leo has his property on and of course Lewis Road is the road just to the east of the farm.  So it came down about a mile away from the farm.  The story was short on the TV so I came upstairs and checked it out on the computer.  Sure enough it was that new house on that corner that was damaged a little and several things were blown around.  I sent  a text to Leo and he hadn't even heard it.  We talked today and as far as he knew his place is fine.  Later on I called Uncle Vernell's house and confirmed that there was minimal damage to any other property. It was a narrow path that went north east from that area and mostly just knocked down some trees.
I had a nice talk with Marilyn (Vernell's daughter) and then with Vernell.  Their house is now turned into a temporary convalescent home.  Vernell is doing well, getting stronger every day.  However, Jack his son also suffered from a heart attack this past week and had to go and get some stints put in some blood vessels so he is  recuperating too.  Jack has moved over to Vernell's house temporarily and Marilyn and her husband are taking care of both of them.  Marilyn and her husband are retired so they were able to move right in and help the guys.    I'm sure that is quite a task, keeping those two resting and recovering.  Aunt Glenna is still in the nursing home but they are hoping the physical therapy that she is receiving will make her strong enough to come home soon.

SO, that is my news from Coleman.  Leo is working the afternoon shift for a couple of months so he was going to take a trip down there and check out the damage, maybe today.

Spring weather arrived in full force here today with temps in the 60s.  Global warming is helping us out.  I am looking for my flowers to come up soon now that most of the snow has melted.  It will be interesting to see how many of those over 300 bulbs that I planted actually produce flowers.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment