Friday, April 27, 2012

Busy week

I have been busy every day this past week.  I am usually not that busy so I am enjoying my whole day of doing just what I want to do although the list I made this morning included some tasks that I just needed to get done too.  
This past week I have been visiting a school just north of here to teach paper bead making to the art classes.  I volunteered with a friend to teach these classes for a local arts council.  A couple of years ago I did the same thing but we taught wool felting.  I enjoyed the classes.  We taught about 180 students (6 classes) and they seemed to enjoy the project.  I also did my usual volunteering out at Kingsley so I had my 'kid/teaching' time for the week.

 My flower garden is finally looking a little more like a flower garden.  The month of April is almost over so I am ready for those "May Flowers".  We are a little later than they are downstate and this is the first year for my flowers so I am hoping that they are doing well.  My hostas are just beginning to come up.  Eva's were much taller last weekend so I have 'hosta envy.  It has been cold and windy here this past week so maybe they are hoping for warmer weather before they come out. There was a little snow in the air yesterday afternoon in Kingsley or at least that is what the kids said.  The wind has been blowing really hard and the waves have been high on the bay this past week.  I think that Leo B. could go surfing here.  A wet suit would be required though.
Eva gave me this little garden bird when I was visiting her.  It looks great in my garden.

Well, I am off to work on another project for my quilt group.  I am making a 'charity' quilt for them with some of their donated fabric.  It is a simple one but I am trying to add a little personality to the simple blocks they gave me.

I hope you manage to add a little 'personality' to the world this weekend and have a day or two that are just for you.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers and beds look great. Your landscaping is really start to look good.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete