Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cooking advice

It is always a good idea to make sure that you turn on the correct burner AND don't put a potholder on ANY burner.  Earlier this week Bud smelled something burning in the kitchen and I walked in to see a potholder up in smoke,  (thank goodness we have an electric stove not gas)  I had turned on the wrong burner and left my potholders on the burner that was on.  It was smoking quite a bit and the potholders are toast.


Today I smelled something again in the kitchen.  I went out to check the ground beef for my chili.  I realized that when I put the meat in the pot I forgot to check and remove that little pad that is in the bottom of the meat tray.  I was able to selvage the meat and we are still having chili for dinner.


SO, the lesson in all of this is, be more careful in MY kitchen.  You never know what you may find me cooking.   

1 comment:

  1. You had me "oh noooo"-ing at the first line :) And smiling and feeling thankful that you didn't injest the meat pad or start a fire! Maybe you should try cooking meditation?

    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete