Thursday, April 19, 2012

On the road


Just a quick posting today because I am leaving soon and need to run some errands before showing up at school for my afternoon of volunteering.  Right after school I am getting on the road to Grand Rapids for the weekend.  I am driving down tonight to have dinner with a college room mate.  I was going to put the adjective old in front of that but anyone that knows me must know that it must be an old room mate since it has been a LONG time since I was in college.  We are having dinner tonight and catching up.  I found her on Facebook and she is living in Grand Rapids.  
Tomorrow (Friday) the Coleman cousins, Kay and Greta are coming over to join Eva and me for the weekend.  Eva has a few things planned but I am sure there will be a lot of laughter and fun with the 4 of us.  We haven't had a weekend like this in a long time so it will be fun to catch up in a relaxed weekend setting without other things to distract us.  We usually see each other at family funerals or gatherings so this will be an extended visit for us.  The 4 of us grew up within a couple of miles of each other and spent a lot of our time together as children and teenagers.  I will take pictures and share some of our fun with you later.  
I thought I would post a picture of my latest quilt too.  I am working on this with my quilt group.  We bought the pattern and each did a block every month.  Then we would take it to our group meeting and show off our work.  I like this 'block of the month' plan.  Each person makes and keeps their own block.  I am making mine out of all batiks.  I love batiks and the different colors so this gave me an opportunity to buy more and explore different colors.  Each block is different with different colors.  I have 16 more of the large blocks to add to this center block.  It will be a big quilt but my feeling is if you go to the bother of making something, it should fit on a nice size bed.  

Well, that is my weekend plan.  Bud is staying home and working on getting his spring 'toys' ready for the road.  Spring is here and his motorcycle and sports car are still in the garage.  
I hope you have a great weekend, either doing chores or laughing with friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. That sound like a fun trip and I'm glad I'm not going to be around.....things might get a little out of control.

    matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Matt really means is that he works with women everyday and then comes home to women and so he has no desire to just go hang out with them : )

    ReplyDelete