Monday, May 21, 2012

Mystery meat, meals, music and many mundane moments

NOW, isn't that a strange title for my posting???  Mr. Colebank, my high school English teacher, would be proud of my alliteration.  I don't think he would be as proud of my posting/writing but what the heck, I'm not being graded on this.  
 SO, let's start with the 'mystery meat'.  This piece of frozen meat has been so nicely preserved in my freezer for a couple of months.  I couldn't remember what it was.  I thought it was either pork ribs to make into b.b.q. pork ribs or some 'stew meat' for vegetable soup.  Saturday I decided to thaw it out and be open to either choice of meal when I found out what it was.  I thought if it was stew meat I would make soup and take the extras to Leo later in the week.  If it was ribs we would have them for dinner.  Do you care what it turned out to be or are you tempted to click off this posting now???   For the curious, it turned out to be country style pork ribs and we had ribs for dinner.  They were delicious.
 Bud spent several hours on Saturday cutting up the logs in the back yard and stacking them.  He will have to rent a wood splitter later but the logs are now being cut into pieces to split.
 Back to the food, I made this terrific sandwich for Bud on Saturday.  You may wonder why a sandwich is such a big deal in our house but I never fix lunch for my husband.  I figure that he can 'forage' for his own lunch so this is a exception for me.
 Sunday we decided that we needed to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.  Bud took the sports car out of the garage and we explored Leelanau county.  Someone recently published a list of some of the most beautiful places in the U.S. and Leelanau County was listed as 'as close to Tuscany as anywhere in the USA.'  Well, I'm not sure about that description but we did take a long drive and enjoy the area.
 We stopped in Glen Arbor for ice cream and it was customer appreciation day so the ice cream was free.  'It doesn't get any better than this'.
 This place is called 'Inspiration Point".  It looks out over Glen Lake and is very pretty.

I had to get in the picture too.  It was a beautiful day, I have a little pink skin to show for it and we explored the area close to home.
Good company, fresh air and free ice cream.  WOW, I guess it wasn't mundane after all.

Finally for the Music part of my alliterative title.  Thursday and Friday of this past week we attended the spring Traverse City Central High School choirs presentation of a show called Rendezvous. It is a showcase of the musical talent here in Traverse City.  Charlotte was performing in the concerts.  She had a solo and she was in one of the choirs.  We went twice because they do different acts on different nights.   I didn't take my camera (sorry) and Bud's picture from his phone didn't turn out very well.

Anyway, I hope your weekend was filled with some fun and maybe even some 'mystery meat'.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics. I would love to see that area again.


    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so predictable, but I LOVE the figurative language! Also, super glad the meat turned out to be ribs cause the shape looked organ-ish: )

    ReplyDelete