Sunday, May 6, 2012

Treasure trove at the used book store.

I can't believe my luck.  When we were in N. Carolina we visited a used book store while waiting for our next activity.  I love bookstores but this one was an especially good treasure trove of books.  I wandered around, reading and selecting books that sounded interesting, new authors and some old favorites.  I walked out of there with a large bag of about 20 books and a very low bill for all those books.   I shared some of the books with Diana when we stopped in TN to visit but brought home at least 15 or so. I have been slowly working my way through the stack.  I started with the new authors, hoping to discover someone new to love.  I have NOT been disappointed as of yet.  They are all different, kind of quirky but interesting.  I started with The Postmistress, then went on to Good Harbor.  They were both VERY interesting and I appreciated every chapter.  I am now reading Felicia's Journey which is very different from the first two.  This one is some kind of mystery that I haven't figured out or at least that is what the jacket cover says.  All of the books are very character driven and well written.  The kind of book that you need to read slowly so you don't miss details or descriptions of the characters.  I love books like that.

So, on this rainy Sunday afternoon I am reading, doing laundry and making quilt blocks.  It is a good day even though it is raining.  I hope you are having a great Sunday afternoon, doing things that you love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment