Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wednesday wanderings

Memorial Day is this weekend!!!  I realized that the grave site in Coleman was unadorned so I decided to take a road trip on Wednesday.  
 I found a wreath here in town and drove down to put it on the grave site.  The flags are already there so now it is complete.  The 'good daughter' in me came through once again.
I also planned to meet my cousin Greta to spend a little time with her and see her new 'town house'.  We had arranged to meet at 1:00 but when I arrived nobody was home.  I stopped by the church where she said she was spending the morning and they told me that Aunt Ruth (her mother) was coming home from her latest (and last as far as she is concerned) stay at the hospital.  All three of the kids were there so I was able to chat with them and Aunt Ruth for a little while.  She will turn 94 this Saturday and like I said, she is just happy to be back in her own home.  They have 2 different nurses/health care aides to stay with her and she spends most of her time in her recliner napping and watching some TV.  We Lewis's come from LONG living and strong stock, not to mention stubborn ones so beware family, I may be MORE difficult in my old age.
Greta's brothers were staying with Aunt Ruth so we went into town so I could see the inside of her new house.  She just had an addition put on the back and really 'spiffed up' the interior to make it her own.  It is right in town, across from the library and very convenient.  Her daughter has bought her 'country estate',  She is married with 3 children and it is perfect for them.  Everyone is happy and the circle of life continues.
I left Coleman and drove on to Clare to visit Leo.  It was still early in the day (about 3:30) when I arrived so it was too early for dinner.  We just chatted for a couple of hours and then I headed home, my responsibilities taken care of and my day filled with family, both old and young. ( I forgot to take a picture of Leo for the blog but he hasn't changed his look much since I saw him a couple of weeks ago.)
 It was a good day.  I am glad that I am able to do this kind of thing with my retired schedule.  It is pretty light but once in a while I sneak in a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment