Monday, May 14, 2012

The Weekend

Mother's Day weekend and spring are finally here.
Friday evening Bud and Walt were out to dinner with a group of men so us women decided it was a good opportunity to get together and catch up.  We had a great dinner.  I am sorry this picture was taken with a little corner of Sonja's card in the bottom because it is a great picture of Sue and Sonja.  We enjoyed our evening without the guys.  

Saturday Bud and I went out to lunch with Sonja so I was lucky to see her twice in one weekend.  She is doing very well and looking forward to spring too.  Projects and friends keep her as busy as she wants to be.  Kind of like me.

Saturday night we decided to go to the movies.  I let Bud pick the movie again.  His choice was Dark Shadows.  I was surprised with that choice.  I remember the old Soap Opera that was on at 4:00 every afternoon.  We would get home from school and go directly over to Kay's house to watch it when we could because my mother wouldn't let us watch such a thing.  It was 'corny' and very poorly acted, not to mention SLOW but all 'soaps' were slow and poorly acted.  They have been replaced with talk shows and some game shows that are for the most part equally slow, poorly produced and sometimes trite.  The movie was mildly entertaining, Johnny Depp did a good job with the staring role but it still was 'corny'.  If you have a 'dying' desire to see it (pun intended) wait for it to come out and rent it.

 I try to listen to NPR during the day after I indulge my one pleasure in 'pop culture' by watching The View.  However, sometimes even NPR is a little trite.  Today on Talk of the Nation they were discussing 'Opposition Research' which basically means 'digging up dirt' on political candidates.  I'm glad that no one is doing any 'opposition research' on my life.  A life without a little 'dirt' in the past is an 'unlived' life in my book.  That is enough political commentary for one day.  

 Sunday Bud did a little yard work.  Last fall we had some trees taken down between our house and the house beside us.  They are the Ash trees  that have the Emerald Ash Bore disease and were all dead.  However the wood is still good.  They left behind the longer pieces but they need to be cut up and then split later.  Bud did some cutting of the longer pieces yesterday and then worked on some weed whacking.  Along with spring comes yard work.
I hope you had a great weekend.  I salute all Mothers, past, present and future.  It is one of the hardest jobs to do but I am thankful that all my children turned out so well.

SO, all my children and you know who you are, I am proud of you!!!!!!  You made my life easy.

1 comment:

  1. Since you mailed me cookies in college and still visit me on a yearly schedule, I'm claiming myself as one of your children and say, "thank you!".

    ReplyDelete