Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back to the real world.

Well, I don't have any 'exciting' things to pass on now that we are back in the world of reality.  My usual routine is falling back into place. I finished three of my secret projects this past weekend and then my sewing machine decided to go on the fritz.  I took it to the repair shop right promptly on Monday morning and am waiting impatiently for them to call me and let me come and get it.  I feel like I am lost without it at home.  I did pick up a couple of quilts at my quilter so those two pieces are waiting for me to work on them.  Yesterday I went back to Kingsley to help Molly and spent the afternoon working in her classroom.  They were just finishing the state assessment test.  Once again I was thankful that I can come and volunteer, not actually be responsible for a classroom.
This past weekend we went to dinner with some friends and then out to the movies. I have raved about our independent movie theater here in TC and once again they came through with a wonderful movie.  Searching for Sugar Man is a movie about a musician from Detroit that became famous in South Africa during the apartheid fight for rights.  It was a great movie so if you like music and unusual stories, find it and watching it.
Today I am going out to lunch with my friend Kathy and taking one of my projects to be finished by a professional.  We will manage to stop at a couple of quilt shops on the way.  It will be a beautiful drive through the countryside with all the fall colors.  The sun is shining and Life is Good here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment