Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall/Autumn memories and quilts

Waiting outside my door
The smells of autumn
The musty earthy smells of leaves
Waiting outside my window
The bright colors of  fall
Red, Yellow, orange 
Framing my world
 It has been a beautiful fall here in N. Michigan.  BUT, I thought that the family would appreciate a trip down memory lane instead of pictures that I took outside my window.  This was one of the last family gatherings we had at the house before closing it up and putting it on the market.  The trees were in full glory for us.  So many memories of fall activities that we shared in that yard.

 Later that day we took a walk in the woods.  The stream in the back was floating some leaves for us.
 Jessica posed for us standing in the back field.
 A few of us on the bridge.  Good memories.
 I have always loved this little picture that I took in the woods.  I miss those woods, those wonderful memories of the many fall days we spent wandering those woods, climbing the trees, shooting in the back yard and occasionally getting some 'prey'.  That one is for Erik, I remember the raccoon that he got in the woods and he and David skinned it and stretched it out on a board.
Great memories.  Think of them as you go through your own fall/autumn where ever you are.
 The bright colors of this quilt kind of make me think of fall. I finally was able to get this on back from the quilter and finish it off.  This is a very large quilt, about 110" square and is the largest that my quilter can make.  It is going on our bed.  I will change it with the one that is there.
 It started with a Block of the Month in my quilt group.  I wanted to add to it so that it would fit on my bed.  You may recognize that i put this down on my living room floor and it is almost bigger than the rug that we have on the floor.  All of these blocks contain a star pattern, including the green on in the middle.  It is very bright and colorful.
 All of the fabrics are batiks which I love to work with because they ;are so colorful and bright.
I put many smaller star blocks around the edge to finish it off.  I really love it.

SO, bright and colorful fall/autumn and quilts.  It is a beautiful season.  May something bright and colorful bless your life this season.

1 comment: