Sunday, November 18, 2012

A star is born

Well, I am back to the routine of my retired life minus my ability to drive around.  I have been just relaxing the last few days, reading and such.  I am so thankful that I had a week of traveling out to the Cape, not only to have a chance to see Sara, Leo and those little babies but also to distract me from my confinement.  Bud has been VERY good to me, driving me to and from Grand Rapids so that I could travel, taking me out in the evenings to run errands and making sure that I don't spend too many days in a row here at home.
Friday night we had the pleasure of going to the Traverse City Central production of Fiddler on the Roof.  Charlotte was a star in this production.  She played the oldest daughter and did a fantastic job.  We have such talented students here in Traverse City and I count Charlotte as one of the best.  It has been fun to watch her grow stronger and stronger in her ability to sing.  She did a wonderful job of acting too.  It was a great production.  We are pictured here with Charlotte and Bud's cousin and wife.  They attended the production too.

Saturday Bud left me alone for the day and went down to Ann Arbor to attend the Michigan/Iowa football game with the Noble boys.  Michigan won in case you didn't get to watch the game.  I didn't watch it since we have VERY limited cable and I am not that interested in football anyway.  I did laundry, read did some sewing, and napped.  It was a good day for me too.

Since I was inside all day yesterday, Bud took me out this afternoon.  I managed to do a little shopping and he bought some new jeans.  He was pleased that his weight loss had allowed him to go down a waist size.  He has lost about 20 pounds but is kind of at a plateau right now.   That happens sometimes when you are dieting. He has been pretty committed to his diet though.  The holidays coming up will be a challenge for both of us.  I have been trying to lose some weight too but not as successful as Bud.  It always seems easier for guys and my activity level is pretty low right now.  I kind of "bump and slide" with my walking cast.  It will be just 3 weeks this coming week.  I  have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and we will see how it is healing.  It is still tender if I spend much time out and about.  I am thankful that I use my left foot to 'drive' my sewing machine so at least I can sew.

SO, that is all for me this week.  I am looking forward to a little 'Thanksgiving' diversion this week.  Another activity to help me though my confinement.

No comments:

Post a Comment