Monday, November 5, 2012

The Domino effect

WOW, you never know hat you set in motion when you break your foot.  Bud moved our TV up from the room downstairs so that I wouldn't have to go up and down the stairs.  Then on Friday he had lunch with some guys and they were talking about new TVs.  We have been talking about moving some TVs around for quite a while but were just waiting for the new technology to make it possible to stream shows off the Internet to our TV.  The guys informed him that that technology is here now and so he went by the shop and brought home some information about a 55" TV for that room.  (Glen, I think it is smaller than your TV.  I kind of blame Glen some for having such a nice TV setup in his family room.  Bud had a lot of TV envy when he watched a game out there.)   
 SO, Bud attached the TV to the wall upstairs in our bedroom/bathroom suite.  We had a small TV there and it will go down in my sewing room.
 The new TV (not yet ordered but I'm sure on the way this week) will go in the TV room downstairs.  We have needed new furniture for that room since the recliner is starting to fall apart. So, Saturday Bud took measurements, planned and visited the local furniture store to check out the possibilities.  That room is a long and narrow room so it is difficult to find furniture that will fit and meet our needs.  Usually it is only the two of us watching TV but it would be nice to have room to have people over to watch a game or something like that.  He came back from the furniture store with several possibilities.
 Eva came to visit on Sunday and we took her to the store.  Bud's words before we went were, "We don't have to buy today, I just want you to see what the possibilities are."  WELL, this one is pretty nice.  We would put the sofa/recliner under the windows, put a TV in the corner, probably the 55" one he is looking at and then angle the other recliner facing the TV.  It would take up most of the space from the fireplace to the wall but it would look nice.  Four people could watch TV in that space and be comfortable.  Don't we look pretty comfortable here?
 I was hoping for a gray color but this was on the floor and on sale.  It is very classic and nice leather.  The recliner has a motor so it goes up slowly and stops at any place that is comfortable.  The middle piece doesn't recline but we like it.
 The extra recliner is pretty big too so it looks comfortable.  We toyed with the idea of a smaller chair for this space but Bud really wanted the matching set.  So, guess what??? yes, we bought it for ourselves.  It will be delivered on Tuesday.  Eva approved and we are all happy.
 Eva brought up Bud's birthday present, 2 CDs by the man that was in the movie Searching for Sugar Man.  The music is very nice.
 I decided to give Eva her birthday present early.  Jessica was with me when I picked this skirt out and she was pretty unsure about the color.  I went with my 'gut' and bought it anyway.  It turns out that Eva had seen it on someone else and almost went out to buy it for herself.
 I bought her a couple of sweaters to go with the skirt.  It is hard to believe but they are putting this aqua blue with the olive green color in the stores.  Anyway, she is happy.  Her birthday is quite a ways away but I like giving presents in person.
In the evening we went out to |Phil's downtown for dinner.  They have the best crab cakes in the world with nice big chunks of crab.  All three of us had some crab.  I also had some delicious soup.  All in all it was a great day.

I am managing to get around better every day.  I walk without crutches or a walker, just resting on the heal of my foot/cast.  I have a boot to put over the cast to protect it and keep me from slipping so I am pretty mobile.  Bud is still very nervous to watch me go up and down stairs but I will keep that to a minimum and stay mostly on the upper level of the house.

SO, you can see the domino effect of me breaking my foot, from new TV to new furniture.  It has been a bit of a costly break but I knew that the TV and furniture thing was coming, especially after Bud saw Glen's big TV.

Thursday I am off on another adventure.  Eva is driving out to  Cape Cod to see Sara and take some things to her.  I am 'tagging' along, just for company since I can't drive but I am looking forward to the trip.  Bud is going to a conference in Florida on the weekend so I would have been by myself anyway.  This is a good way for me to see Sara and Leo before the babies.  Life is full of excitement.

1 comment:

  1. Fun shopping! The furniture looks great - Doug will be jealous of the leather! And big internet TV. :) Glad you are getting around better and are able to make the trip with mom!!!
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete