Wednesday, November 28, 2012

OUCH, OUCH OUCH #*+#*&

Ok. you know you  really went all the way through your finger with the sewing machine needle when it bleeds on both sides of your finger AND you broke the needle when you reacted by pulling back quickly.  Unfortunately this isn't the first time that I have managed to poke the needle in my finger but this is the only time that I remember going all the way through my pinkie finger.  YES, it does hurt.  Sewing can sometimes be a 'combat' sport or maybe I am just not too coordinated.  (Remember I am still wearing a cast from my last accident)  I frequently burn my arms and hands while pressing my quilts.  I think that any hobby must include a little pain, especially if it requires some hot tools, sharp objects and coordination.  I will bandage my finger and go back to sewing.  I will try NOT to harm myself and/or get blood on my project.  It is a Christmas fabric but I don't need extra red on the fabric.

2 comments:

  1. No pain, no pain. Poor you: ( I love the results of your projects, so I'm not sure how to respond. Maybe with, "Keep it up. The pain is worth it: )"
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry and I wish I could give a kiss to your boo-boo finger and a hug to your body. Deep breaths. Love you. Sara

    ReplyDelete