Saturday, November 3, 2012

Purple cast, the birthday boy and assorted other events

I'm sure that the family is getting tired of my constant updates on my poor broken foot but there isn't much else going on here and I am stuck in the house.  SO, you will be getting updates or nothing at all.  Let me know if the 'nothing at all' is your favorite option.  
 Thursday afternoon I made it to the orthopedic doctor and he gave me the best news I have received through this whole ordeal.  I do not need surgery, and a cast was all that was necessary.  He said that I could probably have gone without a cast, just with some kind of a boot but this was the safest option.  Considering my coordination problems, it is probably the best for me.  My foot is a little swollen in this picture,.
 It doesn't look too bad here either
 However, the close-up is kind of bad.  It looks much better now that the swelling has gone down even though it is in a cast.  I can tell that it isn't as swollen.
 My purple cast is going on here.  It goes quite high but I can get the waterproof boot over it for a shower so I am good.
 Friday was Bud's 58th birthday.  We stayed home.  We are going out Sunday night when Eva comes to visit.  I bought him this sweater.  He has quite a sweater collection and wears them every day to work.  He just tossed one the other day because it had a hole in the elbow so it was good that I bought him a replacement.
 I wasn't able to get out and buy him a card BUT we still hadn't opened our anniversary cards so we decided that we would exchange them instead of a birthday card for Bud.
That means that I had a card too.  All in all we are getting along fine.  We had steak and vegetables for his birthday dinner.  I am much more mobile now that I have a cast on my foot.  I can walk around and use that foot for balance.  I am not putting full weight on it yet but it helps my balance a lot.  I was even able to put on regular clothes this morning so I am presentable in jeans not sweats.

Today I had an outing in the morning.  I went and bought an outside type boot to put over the cast.  It was snowing here this morning so it is a good thing that I have some protection from the weather.  Then I went and voted.  They let the crippled and people over 60 vote early so I did the absentee thing today.   (Leo asked which I was, over 60 or crippled I told him I was just the smart ass)

SO, I cast my vote in this election.  I don't know how I feel about the outcome except that I will be glad when it is over.  You won't believe it but I received the strangest phone message/call yesterday.  Sara Palin was on the line encouraging me to vote.  I didn't listen long enough to tell if it was really her or just Tina Fey sounding like her.  You have to know that the republicans are getting pretty desperate if they are calling ME and they are using Sara Palin as a spokes person AGAIN.  Didn't they learn their lesson before???? and aren't there enough other republicans with a tiny bit more credibility than her????   Even I can think of a few.

So, there you have it.  My foot and the election.  I hope they both turn out fine but unfortunately I am more sure about my foot than the election.  3 more days!!!!  

I saw this printed the other day and thought it might be good for this election season:
PEACE. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work
It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

I wish you peace this coming week.

2 comments:

  1. The purple colour of your cast was very nice.How did you break it?Best wishes and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmm, nice cool plastercast and also a cool collor from your plastercast, i like your cute sexy toes to xoxo.

    ReplyDelete