Thursday, December 20, 2012

Change, Snow, and Christmas Bows

Well, we only have a few more days until Christmas.  I DO have my shopping done.  I did a lot of it online this year since I couldn't get out a lot and didn't want to make Bud take me out in the evening any more than he already is.  I am waiting for one more item to arrive before sending out my last package. I am afraid I waited too long to order this item and the gift won't make it to the receiver until after Christmas.  They will just have to understand my disability this year.  

NOW on to explaining the title of this post.  
 While being confined to home, Bud had to buy my supply of soda.  Being the great guy he is, he pointed out that my traditional Ruby Red Diet Squirt contains caffeine and with my heart irregularity I probably shouldn't be drinking it or at least as much as I do. SO, I decided to switch instead of quit.  I was lucky that the first thing I tried really tastes quite good and I am glad for the change.  YES, no more Ruby Red!!!!  I know the family will find that hard to believe but I HAVE switched.  I am now a drinker of Diet Cherry 7 UP.  It is quite tasty and not as RED so if it spills it isn't such a big deal to try to clean it up quickly.  I was carrying a glass of the red stuff down the stairs when I fell and broke my foot.  I do remember trying to keep from falling wrong so that I wouldn't spill the full glass and stain the carpet.  I don't know if that had any effect on my broken foot but it is time for a change.  I am embracing this new soda.
 SNOW, the weather report for the last couple of day has been warning us of this HUGE storm that was heading our way.  Predictions of 12-18 inches have been carpeting the airwaves. It was suppose to start this morning and last until tomorrow morning.  WELL, it had better get busy because we really didn't get that much snow here in town.  Maybe places out of town received more snow than we did because the warm water of the bay kept our temps higher.  Leo sent me a picture of his truck this morning and they received more snow than us, about 4 inches.  Many of the schools around here cancelled for the day which surprised me a lot.  I think they closed because of the forecast.  I remember driving to school in MUCH worse conditions over the years.  This just seems to be a 'light dusting' of wet snow here at our house.  The storm had better get busy if it is going to live up to the weather people's expectations.
 CHRISTMAS BOWS   I finished wrapping all my gifts yesterday and even have the bows on them  Like I said I am still waiting for something but that will be easy to package up and send out quickly.  My pile of presents seems to be a little small this year but we did have our Christmas with the TN family already so maybe that is why.  Anyway, to quote Leo, "It is what it is" and I am done.  I am looking forward to our time with the Noble family on Christmas Eve and then driving down to spend time with Eva, Leo, Jess and Doug in Grand Rapids on Christmas Day.
Finally, some old traditions keep on shining.  I have the Christmas tree that Penny made for Mom many years ago. I usually put it downstairs but I'm not going up and down the stairs as much this year so I had Leo bring it up for me when he was here.  It looks great in the corner of my living room on the table and I remember to turn it on and off every day.  I do love this little tree and the tradition behind it.  Thank You Penny for making it and letting me have it from the farm.

I hope all of you have been taking some time to enjoy the season, not becoming too stressed.  (Break your foot and you don't have a choice but I'm not recommending it.)  I am blessed to have such a wonderful family and am looking forward to seeing some of you over the holidays.

OH, I almost forgot.  DOOMSDAY I did have my hair cut yesterday so I will be 'looking good' as the world comes to an end.  One of the  Doonesbury comic strip character has been trying to choose a nice outfit to wear as the world comes to an end.  I just had my haircut. It doesn't look that much different so you will recognize me when the we meet where ever the Mayan plan on transporting Earth.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about the drink change. Cherry 7Up is easy to find in the south: )
    Diana

    ReplyDelete