Sunday, December 16, 2012

Driving Miss Daisy (or maybe just Della)

The weekend brought Leo up to visit us and give Bud some relief of driving me around.  He came up Saturday afternoon and went to a hockey game with one of his coworkers that was here in Traverse City.  Then he came on to our house.  I had fixed a nice meal of my vegetable soup and then we went to a 'guys' movie, the new James Bond movie.  It is often our tradition to go to the movies and I owed Bud a guy movie  since he went to a movie of my choice last weekend.  The Bond movie was actually quite good.  
Today Bud fixed a nice breakfast for us and then was off to the office.  He is quite busy lately and has been spending weekends at the office.  I was glad to have Leo around and he drove me around while I did my chores.  He did a terrific job of taking me to all the stores that I needed to visit and waiting patiently while I did my shopping.  It gave Bud a break from having to drive me around.  I was thankful for my driver.  
 Then when we came back to the house I had another chore for him to help me with.  I wanted to hang my Christmas tree wall hanging in my kitchen.  The wall that I wanted to hang it on is stone so it is a challenge to find a way to anchor it to the wall.  We decided that we would put little hook eyes in the ceiling and used some string to raise it up and level the picture.  He was careful at measuring the space so it was in the center.
 Then he climbed to the top of the ladder and put the eye hooks in the ceiling.
 Then he raised the banner up so we could decided where to place it on the wall.
 Finally he tied it off and it was done.
 It looks great on that wall.  I like how it turned out.
We rewarded him with some football time on the new big TV and his own recliner.  I'm sorry but I didn't notice that I cut off his head until I sat down to do this post.  I was trying to show off the TV room and the new furniture along with the guys watching the Lions try to lose the game.

I have flank steak ready for dinner and he will spend tonight here too.  He is on vacation, using up all the vacation he has until the end of this year.  He doesn't have to go back to work until after New Years.

I was very thankful to have a driver today.  I was also thankful that he was able to help hang the quilt.  Bud has been suffering from knee problems this past week, maybe 'sympathy' pains for my broken foot?????  So, I was reluctant to have him go up on a ladder and hang up my quilt.

Leo's great line last night as he was watching Bud and Me limp around was something to the effect that it might be kind of dangerous to be here with us.  He might go home with a limp after spending time with the two of us.  I hope not but am very thankful that he was here and able to help out.
The 'little brother' can be helpful.

2 comments:

  1. Shoot if he has so much time off and you two are in bad shape you may want to make a little longer honey do list. I bet Leo doesn't get many home cooked meals.

    Quilt looks great!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts turned out great! Great location too! :)
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete