Saturday, December 22, 2012

OK, I was wrong but so were the Mayans

I will admit that I kind of scoffed at the weather reports in my last posting.  I was mistaken when I thought the winter storm was finished with us.  In the night on Thursday we lost power.  The cold winds were blowing outside our windows.  We snuggled in our bed and slept in but that still didn't work.  Bud's sister rescued us though.  We packed up and went over to the cottage where they DID have power.  We were able to clean up, Bud went to work and I sat and watched the waves on the water and talked with Sue.  We were able to solve most of the problems of the world over great coffee and catch up with each other. 
 I took this picture out our window before we left.  What you can't see in this picture is the wind blowing the trees around.  It was a very wet snow so it packed down and it didn't look too deep but we did get a lot of snow.  I would guess that we got about a foot of snow.  The power flickered on briefly in the afternoon here at our house (reports came in on a regular basis from Jack and Charlotte who stayed behind at the Franklin woods house, snuggled in their beds)  By late in the afternoon Bud came home and reported that the power was back on.  He came over to pick me up.
Charlotte and Jack finally managed to get out of bed and seek warmth.  Charlotte and her friends were performing Christmas songs around town to earn money for a choir trip so they stopped in between 'gigs' and helped with the Christmas cards that Sue had brought along to get ready for the post office.
Bud and I left there in time to get the cards out for the last mailing of the day and then on to the Yacht Club for dinner.  Everything survived here in the refrigerator but it was just easier to eat at the Yacht Club.

SO, like I said the Mayans were wrong too since we are all here today.  Lesson to learn, DON'T TRY TO PREDICT THINGS, even the weather but especially the end of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment